Here’s what’s happening and where…
- February/March 2017, touring – Charioteer Theatre will be taking #SonsOfGod: Vox on tour in Italy.
- March 2017 – Jen will be contributing a personal essay on contraception and bodily autonomy to 404 Ink’s first anthology, Nasty Women. She’ll be taking part in a panel discussion at the launch event Waterstones Argyle Street, Glasgow on 6 March.
And here’s what you’ve missed…
- 04 October 2015, East End Literary Salon. Almost a Meet-Cute, in which a rom-com moment is ruined by crockery and crippling anxiety, will feature on this month’s programme at Hackney Attic.
- 22 October 2015, SMHAFF Writing Awards. Jen will be reading an extract from Old Woman with Masks, which is on the shortlist.
- 24 October 2015, Chelsea Theatre, London. Lost Love, a story of a SatNav’s obsessive, unrequited love, will be on the bill at Talos: The Science Fiction Theatre Festival of London.
- 30 October 2015, Glasgow Women’s Library. Creepie Stool gets another outing!
- 21 November 2015, Previously… Scotland’s History Festival at the Scottish Storytelling Centre. Specially commissioned by the History Festival, Heaven Burns is a rehearsed reading of a new play about 17th century witchpricker Christian Caddell.
- 27 – 29 November 2015, Teatro Belli, Rome. Comfort & Joy, a Christmas tragedy, will make its Italian debut at the Trend Festival.6 March 2016.
- CCA Glasgow. Jen will be delivering a provocation at the Declaration Festival, inspired by Article 24 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights – the Right to Rest and Leisure.
- March 2016, touring. Creepie Stool is off on a tour of the Highlands!
- 5 April, Inky Fingers @ Traverse Theatre. Jen will be reading… something… at this event hosted by the delightful Elspeth Murray.
- April 2016, Charioteer Theatre/Piccolo Teatro di Milano. Commissioned by Italian-Scottish company Charioteer Theatre, #SonsOfGod is an adaptation of Coriolanus, examining the fall of a hero in the midst of a media circus.
- 7 July 2016 – A 20-minute extract from Unfinished Demon Play, written under Rob Drummond’s guidance for the Playwrights’ Studio Scotland mentoring scheme, will be read at the CCA.
- August 2016 – Lost Love will be published in New Writing Scotland 34.
- August 2016 – Vox (known in Italy as #SonsOfGod) will open the International Festival Castel dei Mondi in Andria.
- 8 November 2016, Traverse Theatre – Jen’s new play Volante, developed in collaboration with Fronteiras Theatre Lab, will have a staged reading as part of Hothouse.
- 6 December 2016 – Come along to Inky Fingers at the Circus Cafe, where Jen will be sharing a Christmas story.
- 9 December 2016 – Meet Cute will be published in new magazine 404 Ink, launching at the Bongo Club.